More About the Girls

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bride of Frankenstein Altered Altoid Tin

I just wanted to share the latest altered tin I did for our Etsy shop...another Halloween theme with an image from the movie "The Bride of Frankenstein."

Isn't it fun! I love that the light bulb looks like it's actually coming from the lamp on her head!! My hubby actually tried to figure out a way to attach a battery to make it really light up, but the bulb is one of those Tim Holtz bulbs & it's just for show. Maybe the next one I do will be a working one!

Other than this little project, I am working on a little 6x6 canvas to give to my hubby this weekend for our 13th Anniversary! I am playing around with paint & image transfers...I'll let you know how it goes!

On the life side of things...just plugging away with the day-to-day stuff! Since I got back from TCC I have been a little introspective; trying to take it all in & figure out where I want to go with things. We three (mom, Kim & me) will hopefully get together next week so that I can show them how to blog & do some of the computer stuff. Once they get that part down, I think I will be able to focus on some new goals.

One of the things that's changed for Kim & I this week is that we decided to take a break from being on the design team for Creative Cuts & More. We decided that we want to pursue some other mediums & might take a break from creating the mini-albums for a bit. Focus on other "Teeny" projects for a while.

That's about it for me. It's kind of a quiet week for me, so not too much share right now but I promise to be back soon with more!

linky...The Swell Life Terrorific Tuesdays!

5 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

how fun! I dressed like her for Halloween one year! awe memories!
hugs Lynn

Jackie said...

How cool is that! I like it, Great for a Halloween party.

Alexa said...

This is wonderful and very clever. Thank you for linking up to my Blog Hop!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

I love this!
I have always wanted to make something out of my left over tins, but never have yet.

Anonymous said...

I saw your altered Altoid Tin on The Swell Life! LOVE IT! Especially the addition of the light bulb and cooper wire