More About the Girls

Saturday, September 24, 2011

TCC Event {{Market Place Pix!}}

As promised, here are some photos I took at the TCC Event's Market Place! It was a beautiful bonanza of delightful crafts, jewelry, art, sewing & more!!!
This gorgeous dress form covered in crocheted flowers is what greeted us upon entry to the market & the first major booth by Simplicity.
The Crochet Dude (aka Drew Emborsky) was on hand to show anyone interested how to make these little flowers...
I wandered around a little aimlessly for the first run through between classes, just snapping photos. 
But, I did have the pleasure of meeting Amy Barickman, sewing goddess & author of Vintage Notions (a delightful book about her collection of vintage sewing books & notions!)

And I bought a couple things from these vendors...
Stephanie Rubiano, mixed media artist extraordinaire!
 
D Stevens, RIBBON designer!
Little Big Pants, fun & adorable dolls & animals
The rest of these pics are just for fun. {{I credited the shops that I could remember, so be sure to check them out!}}
Mermaids Dowry, makers of great brass charms & such
{{The ever-present dress form! I just love that everyone uses them in their displays!!}}
A Cricut Banner in the Provo Craft Booth, (They gave away 50 Expressions!! No, I didn't win one!)
A Gilded Life {I took 2 of their classes & joined the Stash club!}

I Sew Lucky {This pic was mainly for Kim & her Owl Obsession!}
And finally, one of the vendors was this wonderful organization, Enchanted Makeovers.
They are a non-profit that takes handmade items into women's shelters & "does-up" their rooms into a homey, enchanted getaway to empower these women & girls to take pride in themselves again. It was a wonderful & inspiring stop in the Market Place & I had a minute to chat with Terry Grahl, the founder, about what they do for these women & how she got started. {We even chatted a little about The Scrap-a-Teeny Girls doing a project together!!}
Terry Grahl
I had such a wonderful time "browsing" through the Market Place that I had to ship a box home!! {I wasn't the only one!!}

Tomorrow: Pix from my final two classes & the cupcake farewell
TTFN!


No comments: