More About the Girls

Friday, October 28, 2011

Motivation?

I sat down the other day to write up a little post, (since I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks & that post was more of a blog promo - which I WON!!!) & the words just wouldn't come. Ever have that problem? I couldn't even find the motivation to search for photos to post! Nuts! At least I am here now, right?!?!

It's been a busy couple of weeks though! I don't know if I mentioned this in another post, but I was on the PTO committee at my daughter's school for their 1st Fall Festival, 5K & Fun Run. It was hard to pull together, but very rewarding in the end. And no, I don't have any photos because I was sitting behind a table for 3 hours checking people in for the runs! Now THAT was crazy! We really had no idea of how many runners (kids too) would sign-up the day OF the race! But we do know what not to do next year!

Of course, in my spare time (HA), I was working on more projects for the craft fair. Here's just a few:
Hello Card

"Hello Darling" on inside

Thank You Card
Chunkie Angel Block
I have become addicted to these Chunkie Blocks!! They are not the exact size of an ATB (Artist Trading Block) because the guy at Home Depot couldn't cut them that small. they are really fun to play with & you can do lots of 3D elements or stay flat!
This is a photo of one of my BIL's! Priceless!
Santa Chunkie!
Lastly, my sister & I found this FABULOUS photo to use in her Art Group project (I promise to post photos over the weekend from the past couple of "sessions"! I can't believe I haven't posted ANY! So sorry!) & I put her on a gift card tin...
"No Peeking!"
In between that, we had our second Encaustics class. It was so much fun & went by way too fast! I will post pictures of that as well!

So that's it for now. I would LOVE to hear what you think of the projects too! So please leave me a comment when you have a minute!
Mom & Kim have been busy too! Mom is making some fun Scrap-a-Teeny purses & Kim has altered some cabinet & drawer fronts with some fabulous scrap images! I will get some photos this weekend when we get together!

Wish us luck...Maggie is going to a friends house today for her FIRST sleep-over!! I sure hope I don't have to go pick her up at 11pm!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone & thanks for your patience with me on my delayed posts!

No comments: