More About the Girls

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My 1st REAL Foray into the Digital World...

OH-EM-GEEEE!
I am in love! 
I have been playing with PSE 10 & a little tutorial I found in my "Mixed Media Paint Box" book that I've had FOREVER!
I never even noticed that there was a digital project in there!

After browsing the web last night looking for fun, *FREE* brushes to play with for a background I wanted to create for my new My Laughing Magpie banner (check it out HERE - it still need some tweaking) for that blog, I created this last night while watching/listening to Master Chef:
There are some fabulous paint & texture brushes out on the Web for FREE!! AWE-SOME!!
After playing with some more brushes, the smudge tool, linear dodge & a crackle filter to give it that realistic painted canvas look, I got this tonight:
Then I added a few fun "images" from coffee stains & postcards brushes, the great flying umbrella man from Graphics Fairy & a quote from Mary Poppins for the final result...
What do you think? Not bad for my first try, huh?
Feel free to borrow it...I think I saved in a high enough resolution that you should be able to click on it to enlarge it & then right click to save to your computer! {But if not, contact me after the long weekend & I will try to forward you a copy if you wish!}

I am off to the cabin tomorrow afternoon with the Magpie & some family friends & I have decided NOT to bring my computer this time!
Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Trish said...

It is wonderful!!!!