More About the Girls

Saturday, November 5, 2011

French Inspired Home Decor & Urban Design!

Good Morning! Well, good EARLY morning!
I have been awake since 3:15 with my brain going a mile a minute!
So, I figured I would just get up & do something productive!

I spent a lovely morning yesterday with my sister, Kim & our new friend, Stacey Foster {BLOG, ETSY}, having lunch at Snooze & browsing through a wonderful little shop - Old Glory Antiques/Prince Street Dry Goods & our friend Claire Roberts of Coming Home was there having a Holiday Trunk Show! What a treat!!

Claire Roberts of Coming Home
Claire is such a delight to be around - super sweet, very talented AND she's FRENCH! {I apologize; I spaced taking my camera & should have asked if I could take more photos with my phone, but I just wasn't thinking!} At least I got this one of her (if a little blurry!)! The rest (below) I "borrowed" from the Old Glory Facebook Page & Claire's page from The Barn's website (she has a couple of shops there!)
I don't know how she does it ALL!
One of Claire's Santos Angels ready for the Holidays!
She had so many beautiful things, from handmade ornaments & stockings to angel wings to adorable embellished Christmas Baby Shoes!! {I promise to get some photos of her space when I visit her shop at the Barn next} She's all about the French touch in your home - handmade & vintage-styles. Below are a few photos from her shop at The Barn...
They really don't do her shop/work justice!
She also carries one of the MOST FABULOUS French magazines on Home Decor...
Magazines & Shopping!
I drool over them every time I am in her shop! They are $24 U.S., so I have never been willing to buy one at that price! BUT, I just had to have it this time - it's the Christmas issue!! SO many wonderful things to look at & maybe make too! Thank you Claire for enabling me!! ;D

Now a little bit of eye candy from Old Glory...you must visit their blog to see all the wonderful collections of antiques, home decor & more! I met the owner, Holly, briefly and have to say that I am very jealous of her & her beautiful shop! It would be a dream to have a space like this one & the money to buy such treasures! Here's a little peek...{all photos courtesy of Old Glory's blog)
Gorgeous farm table!!
Amazing chandelier made of SPOONS!
{They also have the most amazing pendant lights made from old door lock-fronts!! I think I might need one of those some day!!}
LOVE this desk! Think of the things you could fill all those drawers with!
And, these aren't even the pix from today! They had outfitted the store with a slight smattering of Christmas decor - ornaments, ribbons, trees & more!! I hope to go back in a couple of weeks to take some photos of the shop ALL decked out! I would just love it if my home looked ANYTHING like this AND my hubby didn't consider it CLUTTER!! Ahhhhh, someday maybe!

That's it for me this EARLY morning! I am off to my sisters in a few hours to work on some more projects for the Holiday Bazaar coming up in just 14 DAYS from now! {{ACK!!}} I plan on posting some photos next week of all the projects from my mom & sister & a few new ones of mine! {I know! I said that before, but this time I REALLY mean it!}

If you're local to the Denver/Castle Rock area, we sure hope you'll stop by & see us!!
Saturday, November 19th from 10-2 @ Castle View H.S.; 5254 N. Meadows Dr.. Castle Rock, CO 80109

No comments: