More About the Girls

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shabby Chic with Creative Cuts & More

Hi! Becky here to share a little treasure box I made from the Pyramid Flat Top Box in a smooth cream cardstock...(this is a duplicate post from our monthly Die Cut Diva blog post!)

I am a huge fan of the "Shabby Chic" look & wish so desperately that my home was decorated in this wonderful style! So much so, I collect pictures from magazines & websites for future decorating ideas!
(back side)
(one of the sides)
Once I traced the trapazious sides of the box with the papers I wanted to use, I used Killer Red Tacky Tape in 1/4" to adhere the paper onto the box & then again to put the box together.

I then inked the edges of all the sides/papers with ink using Tim Holtz's Ink Applicator (the little thingy that holds felt squares?) to give it a softer aged look. Then I went over two of the sides entirely with the Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint & only the edges of the opposite 2 sides. After that was dry, I lightly inked again & then decided to add a little of the Antique Brass Distress Crackle Paint to the bottom edges & corners.
(the crackle paint)
 
(tiny banner)
I made the little banner from scraps of paper, inked them, stamped "Shabby Dreams," punched tiny holes & threaded the jute through. I then attached it to the lid punching holes again in the corners of the lip of the lid & threading the jute through & tying a knot. At the last minute I added more of the Antique Brass paint to the banner as well.

Finally, I cut a bunch of flowers from the TH die, inked them all, then applied either the Rock Candy paint to an entire flower or the Antique Brass to just the edges of some. Punched holes in the centers, did the same on the lid & attached it all with an antique brass brad from my stash.

Now I have this wonderful little treasure box where I can put little ideas & trinkets - like broken vintage watch faces, a thimble, an old photo, a piece of lace - whatever makes me think of shabby designs! When the time comes, I will open it for my decorating inspiration!!

The other supplies I used were:
Patterned papers by Shabby Green Door from the "On the Wings of a Dream" collection
Tim Holtz products:
  Walnut Stain Distress Ink
  Rock Candy & Antique Brass Distress Crackle Paints
  Tattered Florals die cut
Making Memories magnets letter stamps
ColorBox Pink pastel chalk ink
Jute
A brad

Thanks for looking!!!

No comments: