More About the Girls

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Livin' the Life you Love!

Becky here again!
I just finished my first layout for the
Scrapbooking Creative Team!
The subject was "Love Life" & the challenge was to create a layout using patterned papers & cardstock & a phrase about Love & Life - pretty simple for our 1st project!

My inspiration was this photo of Nick & Maggie walking on the beach in Maui & the realization that had I not met Nick, I probably wouldn't have traveled so much in the last 12 years, nor would we have this wonderful daughter to share our travels with! Most of our travel has been just the two of us, but Maggie's been to Maui 3x now & we can't wait to share more of the world with her!!!
I used a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper for the background from The Shabby Green Door "On the Wings of a Dream" collection - this one is the backside of "Postcard," available in our Etsy shop! I cut the notebook paper & the birdcage from a piece of "Day Dream," also from SGD. 
I enlarged the photo of my husband & daughter walking on the beach to a 5x7 & added the text "Live the Life you Love" in PSE. I then printed a contact sheet of all the other travel photos in black & white. Matted the tiny pix in a blue cardstock from an 8x8 DCWV Brights stack & arranged them accordingly. Then I punched the notebook page & a piece of the blue with my "notebook" edged punch from EK & layered them to the side.
I added some of the Tim Holtz tattered flowers I had made for the "Shabby Dreams" box (to be posted on Tuesday, 7/27) with various brads from my stash. The postage stamps & buttons are from Making Memories & the tiny paper clip is from Tim Holtz.

Hope you like it!
I am going to buy one of those 12x12 frames for it & hang it near all our travel albums!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: