More About the Girls

Saturday, February 4, 2012

"How Do I Love Thee" - a collage

Here's the collage I was telling you a little about yesterday!
(If you want to know a little bit more about the FANASTIC-K SILLY tool I used yesterday, click here to see the full post on the Altered Pages blog!)
(image from AP "Young Lovers I" collage sheet)
I used a 12x12 panel board "canvas" to collage various papers (most from my stash, but a couple from the Glitz collections), paint, modeling paste (for texture), & ink.
 
 I LOVED working on this panel board (Michaels for like $15 w/o a coupon!) for collaging because it's HARD instead of soft like an actual canvas!! It made adhering the papers so much easier! Not to mention that when I stamped, the ENTIRE image would imprint & not just in the area that's the firmest! (I am thinking of getting a couple more & turning them around to use the INSIDE like a shadow box!!)
I like to collage, but sometimes I find it rather intimidating! You really just have to let go & not worry about where the paper, paints & inks land! You can always cover up what you don't like!! (Although, the pink "LOVE blob" was a mistake, but it's growing on me!) 
How about you? Do you find collaging easy or hard?
I would love to hear about it & what techniques you use to get the look you want!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

Great Valentine collage, So many cool things to see.
Lynn