More About the Girls

Saturday, April 6, 2013

AP April Challenge - Birds

It's time for another Altered Pages Challenge!
{Technically, it doesn't start until Monday, but I couldn't contain myself any longer!! So I'm getting a jump on it today!}

Haven't participated in a challenge yet?
It SUPER easy! Just hop on over to the AP Challenge Blog for the monthly details (2nd Monday every month); create a project using at least ONE image/product from Altered Pages; write about it on your blog & link up to the Challenge Blog!
It's that easy! 
C'mon...join in on the fun!
There's always a great prize package! And sometimes Jean adds more prizes for every day that someone links up their projects! WOW

"She was a nurturing soul"
Ok, so...I decided to approach the challenge a little differently this month & although the theme is Birds, I didn't really "focus" on the birds in my project...I wanted to play at drawing faces & creating a mixed media 11x14 canvas from there. This is my end result & I LOVE it! LOL!! If you want to see more, head on over to my personal blog - My Laughing Magpie! Or if you want to buy it, she's listed in my Etsy shop as well!

Supplies used:
Vintage Bird Cards AP 1790 (collage sheet)
Glitz Papers from Beautiful Dreamer Collection & tiny alphabet (background & title)
Gel Medium (adhesive)
Molding paste (hair)
Acrylic paints (all over)
Stamps (texture, background)
Colored Pencils & Inktense Blocks (face)
Found objects (hair accessories, necklace & broach)
Shredded paper (nest)

Hope you'll vote for me when the voting opens on the Challenge Blog!


Dawn said...

She reminds me of Marie Antoinette loving the bird theme Dxx

trisha too said...

Saw this on the challenge blog, Becky! This is a beautiful canvas, she looks so dreamy and thoughtful.