More About the Girls

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The G.R.I.T.S. Kit Series for Altered Pages

Hi y'all!!
I am channeling my inner Southern Belle these days & working on a series of fun mixed media wooden block kits for Altered Pages!

The G.R.I.T.S. Girls
aka "Girl Raised In The South"

The first one is up on the site already 
& I just finished #2 {but I can't share her yet, DANG-it!}

Meet Twyla Fay...
You get everything you need to make a block like this in the kit except paint & scissors! Including VERY detailed instructions with color pictures!! All for just $16.99!
Here's the backside...
I hope y'all will join in on the fun & create your own collection of G.R.I.T.S. Girls with little 'ol me!
Next one up is Ida Bell, & she's even more fun than Twyla!!
Y'all come back now, ya hear?!
It's time for a mint julep!
TTFN!
P.S. I plan to do a western/cowgirl series too! YEEE HAWWWWW!

2 comments:

Get 2 Scrappin' said...

Oh my! I saw this while browsing the Altered Pages store and am IN LOVE!!! Can it be Thursday(payday) already so I can order it?

I was born and raised (for the most part) in the south but have now transplanted to NH so this will be so fun to express my inner southern belle that has been suppressed a little. ;)

I look forward to the series for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky:

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet compliments on my article.

I use all kinds of tissue paper, including decorative tissue paper that I find in stores (Target, Walmart, Stationery Stores).

I use Golden Soft Gel Matte Medium when I want to make the tissue paper stronger before I work on it. Is this the gel that you use?

Have a great weekend, Darlene